does size matter for air shipment?
- Yes, air freight is based on both the actual weight and chargeable weight of the cargo
can you handle door delivery at the destination? can you handle pickup from residential areas?
- Yes, please help to provide us your door address, and we will check the cost for you
how is chargeable weight calculated?
- There is a special formula (in inches): Length x Width x Height / 166
what is the maximum size or weight?
- This varies depending on the airline so please ask us.
- As a rule of thumb, maximum normal cargo dimensions: 120x80x60in.
- As the weight and size increase so will the cost. If your cargo is oversized or requires special handling, ask us about special rates
do you have a warehouse where i can drop off cargo?
- Yes, we have receiving warehouse in all our offices
- Please let us know your cargo location, and if you choose we can arrange to pick up your cargo on your behalf
how are where can we pick up the cargo at the destination?
- It depends on the customer’s preference. Please ask for more information when requesting for service
what are some of the destination charges?
- There may be airport fees, warehouse fees, custom clearance charges, duty/tax and door delivery charges
can i pack my items in plastic bins?
- No, the airlines will reject any cargo that is not properly packed. Items must be packed in a box, bag, suitcase, crate, or on a pallet. If there are any oversized items or cargo requiring special packing, please ask
what is the typical transit time?
- Airport to airport 3-5 business days on average. Door to door varies depending on different variables. Delays and/or changes to schedules can happen.
are there types of cargo that cannot be shipped via air freight?
- Most cargo can be shipped via airfreight, except some which have to be specially packaged like anything hazardous, flammable, dangerous chemicals, computer batteries, live animals, perishable items, etc
what kind of paper work do i need to out ahead of time?
- We will send you some paperwork for you to fill out the basic information, Such as shipper and receiving party contact information. Don’t worry, we will take care of all the export custom and paperwork for you
what are the usual methods of freight payment?
- You can pay with wire transfer, credit card (subject to administrative fee), bank deposits and PayPal (PayPortal). Payment is due before shipment arrives
do you handle international household moves?
- Yes. We are an international shipping company. We can help you ship and we can help you load at a fee. An empty container can be delivered to your premises and you may choose to be responsible for loading it properly or Midas can handle the loading for you at a fee. We can also clear your container at a very affordable price.
can you ship my vehicle internationally?